If you’re using one of the top selling toothpastes today, you’re likely exposing yourself to a brew of inadequately tested, potentially hazardous ingredients. Even many of the so-called "natural" toothpastes can contain some of these same ingredients!
Over 90 percent of toothpaste chemicals can pass through your mouth tissue directly into your bloodstream. So it only makes sense to avoid ingredients that may be potential carcinogens, irritants, or hormone mimickers, like carrageenan, SLS, triclosan, parabens, propylene glycol, dyes, and formaldehyde-releasing preservatives.
Fluoride is another toothpaste additive that, in Dr. Mercola's opinion, has far more serious potential health effects than potential benefits for your teeth. Especially since there are effective botanical alternatives for preventing dental caries, they've chosen not to include fluoride in their Refreshing Mint Toothpaste With Tulsi.
Refreshing Mint Toothpaste With Tulsi contains:
• Organic ingredients whenever available
• No fluoride, but still provides outstanding protection against dental caries or cavities
• No genetically engineered ingredients
• No carrageenan or other potentially carcinogenic ingredients
• No synthetic preservatives, but still has an 18-month shelf life
• No hidden heavy metals, contaminants or impurities
• No harsh chemical foaming agents like SLS or SLES
• No artificial flavors or sweeteners – just refreshing natural mint flavor
• No harsh sand (silica), but still provides dazzling whiteness
• No potentially dangerous antimicrobials like Triclosan