Frankincense (Boswelia sacra) is a powerful essential oil that is beneficial to the whole person, body, mind and spirit. It has long been associated with skin care applications, spiritual rites and rituals, as well as seasonal usage. Aura Cacia Frankincense Essential Oil is sustainably sourced from the Boswelia Sacra tree in Somalia.
• Frankincense essential oil is regarded as a peaceful and connecting essential oil. In diffusion, it’s considered meditative and soothing. It is popular in winter diffusions and inhalations, and it has strong seasonal and holiday associations.
• Frankincense essential oil is highly viscous, and its color is yellow or greenish. Its aroma is deeply balsamic and resinous. Sweet lemon or green apple-like notes add complexity to the overall aroma profile of quality frankincense.
• Frankincense essential oil blends well with sandalwood, pine, geranium, lavender, neroli, bergamot, orange, basil, cinnamon, camphor, vetiver, jasmine, myrrh and rose.
• Modern usage finds frankincense essential oil valuable in many applications — from skin care, to bath and massage blends, to targeted topical applications. It is also found in foot applications, chest balms, perfumes, soaps, lotions and cosmetic applications.
• Frankincense is generally considered a base note.
Ingredients: Boswellia sacra (frankincense) oil
Suggested Usage: 10 drops frankincense, 4 drops sweet orange, 4 drops lavender, 1 oz water in a mister. Meditation: 10 drops frankincense, 1/4 c. water in candle lamp diffuser.
Caution: If pregnant, suffering from any medical condition, or taking medication, consult a health care practitioner before use. Avoid eyes and mucous membranes, dilute properly. May irritate skin. Not for internal use. Keep out of reach of children.