The most popular essential oil in the world, lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) is considered one of the safest oils to use for adults and children, and scientific studies over the years have verified its many benefits.
Lavender essential oil is grown in many regions across the globe and is produced more than any other essential oil sold for aromatherapy purposes. Aura Cacia Organic Lavender essential oil is distilled from certified organic flowers in Bulgaria that have been picked at peak bloom.
Lavender is harvested annually near or just after the summer solstice. The flowers only bloom for about two weeks, so the harvesting and distillation is often done all day and night. Lavender is harvested with a combine and immediately taken to the distillation facility.
What’s the difference between organic lavender essential oil and conventional lavender essential oil? Organic essential oils differ from conventional oils in that the botanicals from which they are derived are grown according to the USDA’s Organic Standards. Aura Cacia's manufacturing facility and all of their organic essential oils have also been certified organic by the established third-party certifier, Quality Assurance International (QAI).
• Lavender is dominated by middle notes, mainly linalool and linalyl acetate. It smells both floral and herbaceous, since the oil comes from the flower, leaves, and stems of new growth.
• Lavender blends well with many oils, including rose, neroli, rosemary, patchouli, citrus oils, and the chamomiles. Lavender is generally considered a middle note.
• Lavender is well known for its calming and relaxing effects. It's ideal for adults and children and can be applied topically or diffused in the air. It is commonly used in pillow sprays, personal care products, and bath blends.
• On the skin, lavender is soothing and cleansing. Because it's so mild, it finds its way in many products for facial care and in DIY facial recipes.
• Lavender's cleansing properties are effective in-home care as well. It can be used in laundry, as well as to clean the home, especially light-colored surfaces, like white tile, granite, and marble.Body
Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil
Tested and verified for purity. Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
CAUTION: IF PREGNANT, SUFFERING FROM ANY MEDICAL CONDITION, OR TAKING MEDICATION, CONSULT A HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER BEFORE USE. AVOID EYES AND MUCOUS MEMBRANES DILUTE PROPERLY, MAY IRRITATE SKIN, NOT FOR INTERNAL USE, KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN